Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for People

While thinking about the people in my life that I am thankful for, beyond my amazing family and friends, I remembered a podcast I had heard from Pastor Ross about how we can treat people like scenery in our lives. I listened to it again Wednesday morning, and spent most of yesterday thinking about these people I am thankful for, but rarely, if ever, tell them. This is the list I made:

1. The Publix Employees. They are always helpful and pleasant.

2. The tellers at Wachovia. Great customer service.

3. Mo & the boys at Anderson Car Wash. Love his accent, "You will laaavvee it".

4. The Riverstone Postal Workers. I hate this place, the lines are always long, but the employees are always nice and very patient.

5. The Firemen and Policemen near Bridgemill. They are always there. Rarely have we needed their services, but everyday I drive by the station and they are there; in case I do.

6. The Kroger Employees. There are two cashiers that make my day here.

7. The Honda Service Team. I love getting my oil changed! They make it so pleasant!

8. The Family Christian Store employees. They help me find my books!

9. Denise at the ProShop. She is patient and encouraging with my sporadic attempts to better my golf game.

10. Starbucks employees. The new Starbucks opened this year. I am VERY grateful for them!

I started to make them some cookies, but decided to wait. A lot of people do that this time of year. I made a note in my calendar for the first week of February. I want to keep the "gratitude attitude" throughout the year.

No comments: