Thursday, July 23, 2009

What I Meant to Say Was......


Being on vacation is great, until you get home and get back to the routine of day to day life.  The contrast of days spent at the beach, doing as you please being immediately followed by days of laundry(the same clothes you washed last week), house cleaning(the same dishes you washed last week), and yard work(the same grass you cut last week) is never so apparent as those first days back.

Just as I was whining the most, and sharing my whining with the Twitter world, I saw this picture. (It was posted on Twitter by CharityWater.org ; you should check them out)

So, what I meant to say was;

Thank you, God, that I have laundry to do.  That means I have clothes to wear.  And that I do that laundry in an air-conditioned house, with clean water, in washer and dryer.

Thank you, God, that I have dishes to wash.  That means we have food to eat.  And that that food is prepared in ovens that heat at a touch of a button, the food is purchased at the local grocery store, and there is enough of it that I haven't lost any weight for lack of food.  

Thank you, God, that I have grass (and an abundance of weeds) that need to be cut.  That means we still own our home, in a time when many are in forclosures and are losing theirs.  

And thank you, God, mostly for Your inconceivable patience and mercy to this often ungrateful child, who gets so lost in Your goodness that she doesn't remember to say thank you.

No comments: