Friday, July 3, 2009

I Like Rocks

     I've decided I like rocks  I spent a couple of days in North Carolina with my husband, Chris, just having some time to ourselves.  We enjoyed the mountains, a little hiking, and taking some pictures of the streams around where we were staying.  That's when I decided I like rocks.

Rocks give the stream character.  
      I took pictures of the stream and noticed that the only parts I photographed were where there were rocks, either under water or above the surface.  Without the rocks, the water is boring. 

Rocks make for great rapids.
     I love whitewater rafting.  But I don't like the class 2 or 3 rapids.  Give me the 4s and 5s.  And before I'm out of here, I'd like to hit a good 6.  But you don't get rapids without rocks.
 You can float down a lazy, slow moving river if you like that, but count me out.  I like it moving.

Rocks keep you out of the picture.
     I took a picture of the stream off the bridge in both directions.  The pretty rock side and the slow, still side.  In the picture of the still water, you can see our shadow.  There is too much going on in the water to see myself on the other side.

     I think I see a pattern.  I can have a calm, easy, boring ride as long as there are no rocks in my path.  But if I want to see exciting times, kick in a boulder or two.  I can have a calm, easy, boring life as long as there are no obstacles in my way.  Or I can see God's hand move, as I get around the boulders that may end up in my path.  And when life is bouncing between boulders, God's provision is showcased.  There's no place for me to be seen!

Bring on the rocks, and give God a chance to show what He can do!

No comments: