Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Thinking About It.....Really Thinking....

I had to do some accounting for my husband's business this morning. I hate numbers. So, I had my itunes up and the song, Smelling Coffee, by Chris Rice started. I remembered how much I like this song. First, he's smelling coffee. That is a good start. I love to wake up to the smell of coffee. That's why I have a coffee pot in my bathroom. Best alarm clock ever. I digress...

But, this part of the song, always, I mean, ALWAYS, makes my heart jump:

I wake up, my past is gone
Cause Your mercy's new with the morning sun
I'm forgiven, I'm free, its a brand new day
Cause Your faithfulness is the greatest (hey!)


Stop and think about the reality of that small line....my past is gone.
Gone. All the things I didn't get right yesterday are gone.
I'm forgiven, FORGIVEN!!! Free!!!
If I let the magnitude of those small but HUGE words in my spirit, I can't help but be excited.

Plus, it's a catchy beat, and again, it's got that coffee part going for it.....

Check it out. Smell the Coffee!!

No comments: