Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Passion

I sat in a meeting today and realized that people can be passionate about the strangest things. Prior to the main speaker, several people presented their ideas and services for consideration.  And because their particular passion has such a small place, if any, in my life, I found it surprising that they could really care that much about it.  But as I listened to them speak today, I realized, not only do they think it's important, they think everyone else does, too.  I tried to listen attentively.  I only twittered a few times.  And it wasn't that the ideas and services that they were promoting were bad, they just didn't appeal to me.  I could tell that they believed in their product.  That's fine for those who want them or like them, but I'm not buying.  I just didn't see the urgency or attraction of the given topic.  

Thinking about it this evening, it seems to me, that if we want people who are far from God to understand how great He is and how great He makes our lives, we have to convey our passion to them.   It takes more than a list of statistics.  It takes more than a brochure.  It takes more than a 3 minute infomercial stating all the reasons He can make life better.  They need to feel our passion.  Passion comes from the heart.  It comes with sincerity.  I to comes with measured words that are often holding back tears.  It comes with a voice that cannot be ignored, not because of it's volume, but because of the intensity with which those words hit the heart, not the ears.  

Lord, help us convey Your Wonder and Grace, passionately. 






No comments: