Monday, February 2, 2009

The Eyes Have It



I love kids.  There is nothing I enjoy watching more than a child as they discover something new.  The delight over a pop up toy, or playing hide and seek, is as much fun for me as it is for the kid that squeals at finding the surprise in a toy or game.  Their eyes sparkle!  

It's rewarding to watch a child "get it".  When you are explaining the "why" or "how" that they have asked about, and you see their eyes widen, you know, they got it.  They understand. 

I will never cease to be thrilled at the sight of a child in church when they "get it".  Yesterday I was using flash paper, my oldest, yet still most favored object lesson, to show how, through Jesus, our sins could be completely gone.  No smoke; no ash; just gone in thin air.  Oh, the bright flash caused many oohs and aahs, but I saw one set of eyes widen.  And my spirit leaped.  This is what it's all about; he got it.  

No comments: